Georgetown Movers

 

Professional & Affordable Movers Specializing in Local Moving, Long Distance Moving & Commercial Moving, Piano Moving Services in Georgetown.  

 

Green Movers is a full service Georgetown moving and storage company. Green Movers company is the most experienced and respected Movers in Great Georgetown Area, Ontario-wide movers, and we are known for unsurpassed customer service and our impeccable attention to details. At Georgetown Movers Green Movers we put you,the customer, first.

Georgetown Movers, Georgetown Moving Company, Best House, Office, Condo, Apartment Moving Services. Professional & Affordable Movers Specializing in Local Moving, Long Distance Moving & Commercial Moving, Piano Moving Services in Georgetown .

We operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. This gives you the flexibility to move when it is most convenient for you. It is ideal to plan your move in advance, but we are equipped to accommodate unexpected, last minute moves just as easily.

Professional Georgetown Movers for less!You can call us one of our professional Georgetown Moving Consultants 24hrs a day, 7 days a week at

Tel: (647) 225-6144
Free toll:+1(647) 225-6144
Email: info@greenmovers.ca

 

Now little about your lovely city Georgetown,Ontario.

This information is provided by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown,_Ontario

Georgetown is a community in the town of Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada and is part of the Regional Municipality of Halton. It is situated on the Credit River, located approximately 60 km west of Toronto making it part of the Greater Toronto Area. Georgetown takes its name from George Kennedy, who settled in the area in 1821. By 1650, the once plentiful Hurons had been wiped out by French missionaries, European diseases, and the Iroquois. The region was now open to the Algonquian Ojibwa (also known as Mississauga), who moved in. By 1850 the remaining Mississauga natives were removed to the Six Nations reserve, where the New Credit Reserve was established.

In 1818, they purchased land that later became the townships of Esquesing and Nassagaweya. The task of laying out the townships fell to Timothy Street and Abraham Nelles. Charles Kennedy was hired by Nelles to survey the northern part of the townships, and Charles Kennedy received a significant parcel of land as payment for his work. The brothers of Charles Kennedy, (John, Morris, Samuel and George) all acquired land close to each another in the Silver Creek Valley. A sawmill was built by Charles Kennedy where today Main Street meets Wildwood Road. George Kennedy also built a sawmill which became the centre of a small settlement, which was located near 10th line. Esquesing Village (Stewarttown) was the capital of the township. In addition, it was on the main north-south route to the steamships at Oakville.

The Stewart Brothers had a prosperous mill in Esquesing Village, and James McNab had a prosperous mill in Norval. In 1828, John Galt opened the road which connected the settlement around George Kennedy's Mill with the other two settlements in the area. As Kennedy's Mill prospered, he built a grist mill, foundry and a woolen mill. Unfortunately, business was poor, which led to the nickname 'Hungry Hollow'. Around 1834 the Barber brothers arrived and within three years had purchased the mills from Kennedy. Around 1837, the area adopted the name Georgetown. It was also the year that two of the Barber Brothers (William and James) purchased the mill and land from George Kennedy. In May 1852 a rail route through Georgetown, Brampton and Weston to Toronto was announced. On May 13, 1895, brothers Sam & John McGibbon leased, in partnership, Thomas Clark's Hotel for $600/year. "The Hotel McGibbon" was originally built by Robert Jones and was sold to Clark in about 1867. A double veranda graced the Main & Mill Street side of the building until the hotel was ravaged by fire in the 1880s. After the fire, a third floor was added to part of the building. The McGibbon family lived at the hotel and took great pride in the business they had established. Sam's wife, Ann, kept white linen in the dining room, and in its earliest years had been a popular place for wedding receptions and banquets. When Sam McGibbon died August 20, 1940 (only a few months after Ann's death) a daughter, Gladys, and a son, Jack, took over the business until 1962. The McGibbon Hotel was sold to Isaac Sitzer Investments and in 1967 to Gladbar Hotels Ltd. George and Nick Markou purchased the hotel in 1978 and have run business to the present day under the McGibbon name, returning its connection to the downtown Georgetown business community since 1895.

The area had no early history of a concentration of French-Canadians, but that changed after World War II. One boy who went to fight in World War II was George Stanley Latimer. He died on December 20, 1944. First, in 1947, a boys' orphan farm relocated from St. Catharines, Ontario, to Georgetown. This orphanage was operated by Father Clovis Beauregard and his niece, Therese St Jean. The Acadian boys from the orphanage decided to remain here in adulthood. The boys had learned apple farming and other Acadian families moved here to assist them with their apple business. Second, in 1957 a French-Canadian Association was formed. By 1966, about 150 French-speaking Catholic families created their own parish when the old Holy Cross Church was rededicated as L'Eglise Sacre Coeur. On January 1, 1974, Georgetown became part of the Town of Halton Hills when it amalgamated with the Town of Acton and most of the Township of Esquesing. Together with the Town of Milton, the Town of Oakville and the City of Burlington, the Regional Municipality of Halton was formed, replacing Halton County. Georgetown grew as new neighbourhoods were added. The oldest section is around Main Street and Church Street. The arrival of the railway produced a new section - around King Street and Queen Street. The Delrex subdivision was the third part of the town that was added. Shortly after Delrex, Moore Park was developed. In 1989, the Georgetown South development began and the town has grown considerably since that point. Delrex: In the 1950s, Rex Heslop, the builder of Rexdale in Toronto, built the Delrex subdivision. Delrex was a combination of Rex and Delma (his wife) names. In the 1950s and 1960s this area was referred to as Georgetown East. Moore Park: With the growth of Delrex subdivision, a second subdivision called Moore Park appeared in 1962.

Georgetown South: In 1989 the farm land south of Silver Creek became the newest subdivision of Georgetown, Georgetown South. The development was undertaken by primarily Fernbrook Homes (West of Mountainview) and Canada Homes (East of Mountainview). Additional developments include Arbour Glen, Stewart's Mills and the Four Corners. Not to be mistaken as the "Four Corners" of Hornby at Trafalgar Road and Steeles Avenue. Barber Glen: In 1968 the mayor named this part after Barber Glen.

This information is provided by http://en.wikipedia.org

 

Contact

Green Movers
131 Waterloo Ave,

Toronto, ON
M3H 3Y7
Tel: (647) 225-6144
Free toll:+1(647) 225-6144
Email: info@greenmovers.ca



Feel out the form below and get free quotes:

*

*

*


*

Moving From: Moving To:

*

*

*

Estimated Move Weight (Approximate): Moving Date:
* *